The care and needs of our patients are our primary concern. We strive
to make the admitting process and the hospital stay as easy and stress-free
as possible. In order to accommodate your needs, as well as the needs
of your physician and insurers, we ask that you pre-admit. This may be
accomplished by stopping by our pre-admit office located at Family X-Ray,
880 East Merritt Avenue in Tulare. During that process, including registration,
lab work, EKG and X-ray tests ordered by your doctor, will be completed.
A nurse will also be able to answer any questions you may have
We hope the following information is helpful.
List of things to bring to the hospital upon admission:
- Insurance cards, insurance forms and pre-admit
form (print form, fill out, and bring it with you)
- List of medicines you
take, including strength, dosage and frequency.
- Pajamas, robe and slippers (if you will be staying overnight).
- Your own personal toiletries (such as make-up, razor, shaving cream,
- We highly recommend that any payments or deposits for services are
taken care of no less than 48 hours prior to admission.
Please do not bring the following:
- Cash (except what is required to pay for services)
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Credit Cards
- Electrical appliances: All patient rooms are equipped with a TV
- Smoking materials: our policy prohibits smoking inside our facility
- Cellular phones
- Personal information (driver’s license, social security or insurance
The pre-admitting process and testing usually takes about 30 minutes
depending on the tests ordered by your surgeon or physician.
THE NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY:
HAVE NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT, NOT EVEN WATER.
DO NOT SMOKE THE MORNING OF SURGERY. IF YOU DO, YOUR SURGERY MAY BE
- Notify your surgeon if any signs of illness develops prior to surgery.
An elevated temperature, congestion, cough, etc. could mean a cancellation
of your surgery.
- Make arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home after
discharge. The person may accompany you to the hospital and wait for
you or return to pick you up at a designated time.
DAY OF SURGERY:
- Before coming to the hospital, please remove all make-up, jewelry
and nail polish. Do not bring money, jewelry or valuables to the hospital.
You may want to bring your robe and slippers.
- Please arrive on time. Enter at the South Wing entrance. After signing
in at the Registration Desk located just to the left of the entrance,
you will be escorted to the proper area. If the patient is a minor,
the parent must accompany the patient and sign the necessary consents.
If you are under 18 years of age, you must bring either your mother,
father, or legal guardian to sign the surgical consent. Children under
18 must have a guardian present until the patient is released.
- When you arrive at your designated unit, the nurse will ask that
you change into a hospital gown. Your vitals will be taken. You will
be questioned if you have any allergies and asked the names and medications
you are currently taking. You will stay in this unit until you are
ready to go to the Operating Room.
- After surgery you will be taken to the Recovery Room for close observation
until you are awake and alert. You will be taken back to the Ambulatory
Care Unit until you are ready for discharge.
- When you are discharged, the nurse will give you a "Post Operative
Instruction Sheet". Be sure you understand all your instructions
before going home.
Be sure to follow all Post Operative Instructions given to you by the
nurse and your doctor. If you have any questions after arriving home,
you may call your doctor.