Visiting hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Children are welcome
if accompanied by an adult. Please limit your visitors to two (2) people
at one time. Our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Birthplace have varied
visiting hours. Please check at the Nurse’s Station in each of these
units before visiting.
During the flu season visitor restrictions are put in place for the
health of the patients and hospital staff. Anyone with cold or flu symptoms
will not be allowed in patient areas.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital,
except the designated outside smoking areas.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- Visitors should be limited to two at a time. Visitors in semi-private
rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should
not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments
or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or
drink to patients.
Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or certain
designated areas. Please be sure to lock your car.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient
floor and on the main floor in the lobby. Specific waiting areas have
been designated for families of patients in the critical care units,
the emergency department and surgery. During certain hours, an auxiliary
member is on duty in the outpatient surgery waiting room to keep family
members informed about the progress of surgery.